Geometry, Arithmetic and Differential Equations of Periods (GADEPs)
Fridays 10:30 (Rio de Janeiro's time)
Organizers: Tiago Fonseca, Hossein Movasati, Younes Nikdelan.
M. Picard a donné à ces integrales le nom de périodes; je ne saurais
l'en blâmer puisque cette dénomination lui a permis d'exprimer dans un
langage plus concis les intéressants résultats auxquels il est parvenu.
Mais je crois qu'il serait fâcheux qu'elle s'introduisit définitivement dans
la science et qu'elle serait propre à engendrer de nombreuses confusions,
This seminar is about all confusions around periods (a bad but already established name).
The talks are available in the YouTube Channel
H. Poincaré's remarks on the name period used for integrals, Acta Mathematica, 1887 page 323.
(you might need a gmail related account)
- 26 November 2021: ........
- 19 November 2021: .
- 12 November 2021: .
- 05 November 2021: Ananyo Dan (University of Sheffield, UK).
- 29 October 2021: Mingmin Shen (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands).
- 22 October 2021: Georg Oberdieck (Bonn University, Germany).
- 15 October 2021: .
- 08 October 2021: .
- 01 October 2021: Johannes Walcher (Heidelberg, Germany).
- 24 September 2021: Carlos Simpson (Nice University, France).
- 17 September 2021: Pierre Vanhove (Institut de Physique Theorique, France).
- 10 September 2021: Nikolaos Diamantis (Nottingham, UK).
- 03 September 2021: Maria Gioia Cifani (Università di Roma 3, Italy).
- 27 August 2021: Riccardo Pengo (ENS Lyon, France).
- 20 August 2021: Frank Loray (University of Rennes, France).
- 13 August 2021: Ambrus Pal (Imperial College London, UK).
- 06 August 2021: Jorge Vitório Pereira (IMPA, Brazil).
02, 09, 16, 23, 30 July 2021: Break between two semesters.
- 25 June 2021: Pieter Moree (MPIM Bonn, Germany).
Cyclotomic polynomials and prime gaps
- 18 June 2021: Salomón Rebollo Perdomo (Universidad del Bío-Bío, Chile).
Abelian integrals for trivial global monodromy polynomials
- 11 June 2021: Bryce Kerr (MPIM, Bonn).
Energies of modular roots
- 04 June 2021: .
Between two holidays is holiday!!!!
- 28 May 2021: Bruno Klingler (Humboldt Universität, Germany).
On the geometry of the Hodge locus
- 21 May 2021: Simon Pepin Lehalleur (Radboud University, Netherlands).
Exponential periods and exponential Voevodsky motives
Will start exceptionally at 11:30(Rio)
- 14 May 2021: Babak Haghighat (Tsinghua university, China).
Hypergeometric functions in physics
- 07 May 2021: Yohan Brunebarbe (CNRS, Bordeaux) .
Increasing hyperbolicity of varieties supporting a variation of Hodge
structures with level structures
- 30 April 2021: Clément Dupont (Université de Montpellier, France).
- 23 April 2021: Holiday(São Jorge).
- 16 April 2021: Federico Zerbini (IPhT Paris-Saclay).
The periods of string theory amplitudes
- 09 April 2021: Sergei Yakovenko (Weizmann Institute, Israel).
How transcendental are Periods?
- 02 April 2021: Holiday (Sexta feira Santa).
- 26 March 2021: Andreas Braun (Durham, UK).
String Vacua, Geometry, and Arithmetic
- 19 March 2021: Ma Luo (Oxford, UK) .
Periods and completions of fundamental groups
- 12 March 2021: Giuseppe Ancona (Université de Strasbourg, France).
The standard conjecture of Hodge type for abelian fourfolds
- 05 March 2021: Vacation between summer school and March-June semester.
- 26 February 2021: Gabriele Bogo (Darmstadt, Germany)
Extended modularity and deformation of Riemann surfaces
- 19 February 2021 :
Conversa com Alcides Lins Neto
- 12 February 2021(): Julien Roques (Lyon, France)
Hypergeometric mirror maps
- 05 February 2021: Joseph Ayoub (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
A new Weil cohomology in characteristic $p$ and a ring of $p$-adic periods
- 29 January 2021: Nils Matthes (Oxford, UK)
The de Rham fundamental group of a once-punctured elliptic curve
- 22 January 2021:
Interview with S. T. Yau
See also the recent interview recent interview
- 15 January 2021: Tiago Fonseca (Oxford, UK)
Periods and Poincaré series
- 08 January 2021: An informal meeting about the future of GADEPs
- 27 November 2020: Claus Hertling (Mannheim, Germany)
Periods and a Torelli conjecture for isolated hypersurface singularities
- 20 November 2020:
Conversation with César Camacho , see also this interview
- 13 November 2020: Javier Fresán (École polytechnique, France):
E-functions and (hyper)geometry
- 06 November 2020: Masha Vlasenko, (IMPAN, Poland):
Frobenius constants of differential equations
- 30 October 2020: Ursula Whitcher (Mathematical Reviews AMS, US)
High Picard rank K3 surfaces, Hasse-Witt matrices, and hypergeometric functions
- 23 October 2020: Murad Alim (Hamburg, Germany):
Mirror symmetry and Jacobi forms
- 16 October 2020: Laure Flapan(MSU, USA):
Period integrals and Hodge modules
- 09 October 2020:
Interview with Michel Waldschmidt
see this lecture for a beautiful exposition by Waldschmidt.
- 02 October 2020:
Interview with Yulij Ilyashenko
See this lecture for an excellent expository/historical talk by Ilyashenko .
- 25 September 2020: François Charles (Université Paris-Sud ):
Geometry of numbers in infinite rank and diophantine applications
- 18 September 2020: Jeroen Sijsling (Universität Ulm, Germany):
Arithmetic Fuchsian groups and canonical models
- 11 September 2020: Per Berglund (University of New Hampshire, US):
- 04 September 2020: Frits Beukers (Utrecht University, Netherlands):
Periods and Dwork’s congruences
- 28 August 2020: Gal Binyamini (Weizmann Institute, Israel):
Point counting for foliations over number fields and Diophantine applications
- 21 August 2020: Alex Degtyarev (Bilkent University, Turkey):
Counting 2-planes in cubic 4-folds in P^5
- 14 August 2020: Andrew Harder (Lehigh University, US):
Calabi-Yau threefolds fibered by K3 surfaces and their internal Picard-Fuchs equation
- 07 August 2020: Adrian Clingher (UMSL, US):
On K3 Surfaces of High Picard Rank ,
- 31 July 2020: Jorge Duque (IMPA):
Hodge cycles and Gauss hypergeometric function
- 24 July 2020: Saiei Matsubara (Kobe, Japan):
Signature of the monodromy invariant hermitian form of GKZ system
- 17 July 2020: Emre Sertoz (Hannover, Germany):
Separating periods of quartic surfaces
- 10 July 2020: Ruben Lizarbe(Renne, UERJ):
Affine and projective structures on varieties
- 03 July 2020: Lubomir Gavrilov(Toulouse, France):
The bifurcation theory of quadratic isochronous centers revisited
- 26 June 2020: Javier Gargiulo(IMPA):
Rational pull-backs of toric foliations
This talk will start at 10:00!!!
- 19 June 2020: Daniel Lopez(IMPA):
Homology supported in Lagrangian submanifolds in mirror quintic threefolds
- 12 June 2020: Roberto Vilaflor(IMPA):
Small codimension components of the Hodge locus and periods of
the Fermat variety
- 05 June 2020: Younes Nikdelan(UERJ):
Rankin-Cohen bracket for Calabi-Yau modular forms
- 29 May 2020: Hossein Movasati(IMPA):
Linear differential equations with finite monodromy